Working for Westminster Homecare
As one of the UK’s leading social care providers, we can offer you excellent career progression opportunities through structured training and development programmes alongside a competitive benefits and rewards scheme.
- Choice of Employment Contract– upon commencement of employment, you will be offered the choice of working on a flexible or guaranteed hours contract. You will also have the option to change contract types when you choose – enabling you to maintain a positive work-life balance.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Appropriate training– upon commencement of employment, you will be supported to undertake induction training provided by our in-house training team, we also hold regular courses on specialist conditions and will provide you with support to undertake QCF Diplomas levels 2-4
- Training pay– we will provide you with continued training of up to 5 days paid training each year
- Care Practitioner of the month prize– One exceptional individual from each branch is rewarded with £25 of gift vouchers each month
- Referral bonus– everybody who refers another care worker is paid a £100 bonus per referral once the person has completed 40 hours of work
- 4 weekly pay– you will be paid promptly by BACS every 4 weeks directly into your bank account
- Bank holiday pay– you will receive enhanced pay for working statutory bank holidays
- Holiday pay– you will receive an annual holiday allowance of 5.6 weeks, be able to carry over up to 5 days of unclaimed holiday per year and have the ability to check online your accrued amount
- Sick pay, maternity and paternity pay– we pay Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), maternity and paternity pay in accordance with current regulation
- Pension– you will be auto-enrolled into the NEST (National Employment Savings Trust) Pension Scheme in accordance with the eligibility criteria
- Rewards for learning
- Career advancement opportunities– as one of the UK’s leading social care providers, our size provides a wealth of internal career opportunities
- Uniform– provided free of charge upon commencement of employment
- Flexibility– life as a Care Practitioner can be quite flexible, you will be able to work part or full-time and choose how many hours you work each week allowing you the possibility to fit work around your existing commitments.
Westminster Homecare is an equal opportunities employer. We will ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, sex, disability, nationality, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sexuality, marital or civil partnership status or transgender status, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that are not essential to carrying out the job.
I am so pleased with how you have been caring for my mum. You have really put my mind at ease and I cannot thank the staff enough. You really do care.
I feel that I must write this letter to tell you how much I appreciate the care and compassion shown to me by the carer who looks after me. Two years ago after an accident and stay in hospital where I experienced a nasty time, the thought of having carers for the first time in my life I found this quite frightening, also after the tales I had heard about them.
How wrong I was! Whether I have been lucky I don’t know but, June, Bev, Cathy Cavita & Nicky have changed my mind. I only hope they are appreciated by their employers.